Who isn’t tired of this horrible weather? This slow cooker stew is so easy to make. Prep time takes about 10 minutes and you’ve got the rest of your day to do whatever you’d like while the flavours of this recipe deepen!
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can of black eyed peas
- 1 can of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 3 cups of water or vegetable broth
- cooked quinoa
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker. Stir together to combine, then cover and cook on high for 3 – 4 hours.
- For a thicker stew, remove the cover with 1 hour left in cooking.
- Serve with quinoa, a handful of kale